Instructions for Application Submission
- Deadline for submission of applications: 4:00 PM on Friday, February 3, 2017.
- Incoming UCLA 2017-18 applicants are welcome to apply prior to getting an offer letter from UCLA, although funding is contingent upon being admitted and attending UCLA in the fall.
- Application packets must be complete at the time of submission (including letters of recommendation), as the Advisory Committee will begin reviewing applications immediately.
- Each applicant must be nominated by a UCLA faculty member. If you do not have a faculty sponsor, email Dr. Jeanette Papp at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The applicant's Statement of Purpose (for incoming students) or Statement of Research Interest (for continuing students) does not have a set length but should clearly and concisely reflect the applicant's research interest and work in genomic analysis.
- The applicant must be a US citizen or permanent resident to receive an award. Proof of status is required if born outside of the US.
The application form can be downloaded here.
Application Checklist for Incoming StudentsI. Hard copies of the following items should be mailed or delivered to:
Genomic Analysis Training Program Administrator
Department of Human Genetics
6506 Gonda Research Center
Campus Mail Code: 708822
UCLA, Los Angeles CA 90095-7088
- Summary Sheet from Application Form
- Undergraduate Transcripts (photocopy of official form is acceptable)
- Graduate Transcripts (if applicable; photocopy of official form is acceptable)
- GRE Scores (photocopy of official form is acceptable)
- Statement of Purpose (for incoming students) or Statement of Research Interest (for continuing students)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copies of Abstracts, Reprints and Manuscripts, if applicable
To be emailed directly to Jenny Luna at email@example.com
- For incoming students: three Letters of Recommendation from your Graduate Application (from the Student Affairs Officer of the Department you applied to)
- For continuing students: one letter from your Faculty Research Advisor
For further information, please contact:
Jenny Luna, Genomic Analysis Training Program Administrator